This project will help you:
- Create and configurate new Rails 5 App
- Setup a server for a typical Rails 5 App
- Deploy Rails 5 App on a server
Nowadays a typical Rails 5 Application depends on many external services: database, cache store, search service, cron tasks etc.
This open source project have to get developers to run a smaller Rails 5 App on a production server quickly and with minimal effort.
- I want to play with Rails 5 App, but I'm very busy to find time for experiments in production-like environment. I'm looking for a ready-to-use example. I hope, it will take less then 30 mins to launch my new App on a server.
I'm a Rails newcommer and I need an example of Rails 5 App to learn life-circle of a App from
- Junior developers and Rails newcomers who need an example of complete life-circle of Rails 5 App.
- For experienced developers who need a simple production-ready Rails 5 App to play with it on a production-like server and to do some experiments.
- For anyone who plans migration to Rails 5, but want to try how Rails 5 works and check most popular gems for Rails 5.
- For online teachers and mentors to demonstrate some approaches or techniques.
What can I find here?
- Simple Rails 5 App which uses Redis, Sidekiq, Cron, Sphinx and ActionCable. App has been cearfully configurated and prepared to deployment process. You can find and learn some helpful techniques in this simple App. Probuably it will helpful (or not) to you in your everyday work.
- Well tested BASH script and Manual that help you to setup your own production-like server for your Rails 5 App.
- Simple Deploy Tool which was written in Ruby in procedure-oriented style. This simple tool deploy Rails 5 App with similar way as Capistrano does and it can be a good start point to learn a typical Rails 5 App deployment process.